Drink a bite to eat at 10, 2, and 4
the place where it all began.
- When Alderton first started selling his soda concoction, it was called a Waco. Thus - "Shoot me a Waco!"
- Apparently during WWII, sugar was being rationed and since soda drinks contained so much sugar, they counted as food. Thus, the slogan "drink a bite to eat" was Dr Pepper's pitch.
- Since people experience an energy crash at about 10:30, 2:30, and 4:30, those are the times you're advised to guzzle a DP down.
- Dr Pepper dropped the period from its logo in the 1950's. Why? Because the curl on the end of the "r" in the original "Dr. Pepper" blended together with the period and made it look like a colon. So after that point - no period.
- Prune juice is not one of the 23 flavors
- Originally, Dr Pepper proudly contained no caffeine and no cocaine. This has changed, however.
- Bottles (used to be) inspected for cleanliness by eye. Twice.