Friday, September 28, 2007

Part of a bigger picture

One of the things I've enjoyed about being around MAF is that it helps me maintain a connection with what's going on in Haiti. MAF is still very active in the area, and it's very encouraging to me to keep in touch with what's going on there by seeing the how MAF helps serve the needs in Haiti.

While I was going through orientation back in January, I trained with Justin Honaker, a young pilot who recently went to serve in Lesotho, Africa. An organization called Partners in Health asked MAF to come help with transportation in Lesotho in order to help fight the AIDS epidemic in the area. Partners in Health was founded partially by Paul Farmer, a doctor who spent the better part of his life serving at a clinic in the Artibonite Valley of Haiti. I read his biography in Mountains beyond Mountains, a fascinating and inspiring read. I was excited to see my new friend join in helping PiH reach those suffering from AIDS in Lesotho.


Last week I went over to the MAF headquarters and got to photograph the dedication of a new plane going to Haiti to help with the ministry there (article here). Again, it is awesome to remain connected to Haiti and continue seeing how God is still working there.

0 comments: